Saturday, August 2, 2008

Free shipping (and life as usual)

Cochlear is offering free shipping this month for web orders. It's usually $9.95 for shipping and it's shipped FedEx 2 day.

I'm sorely tempted to buy David a Hatis system for his phone, but even on sale with free shipping it's pricey. It's worth it right?

So, Jaime corrected David yesterday when he mispronounced Ballerina. We all got a laugh out of that.

I honestly can say that I never appreciated how difficult the English language is until David started speech therapy.

Listen is pronounced liss-en, not LIS-TEN. I never realized that certain letters have the same mouth position, just different vocalizations. Why would you if you're hearing?

When you grow up as a hearing person, it's second nature. You learn to speak that way and you don't really have to work at it. It's much easier to learn when you're young. David is working very hard to learn it at 28.

Jen, if you read this, I'd like to congratulate you on your recent surgery, and David and I wish you all the luck in the world with your upcoming activation :)

No comments: